Pages

Friday, April 13, 2007

Now, now. Be good, Niffer.

My office is not on the "main campus" and thus I often have to ride a shuttle over to see people, run errands, or just get stuff done. On average, the ride over there is less than 10 minutes.

Is it bad of me to find entertainment value in the reactions I get from some of the drivers? There is a distinct difference in the way the female and male drivers respond to me. The females have been through this before. They have kids of their own, so when they see me waddling up to the bus, there is often a smile of sorts on their face.

It's different for the guys. They have recently gotten a look of horror when they see me approach the bus. One guy even had the gutts to ask me "When are you due?" and when I said "About a week, if not sooner." His response? His eyes got wide and full of fear and then he spent the remainder of the ride exclaiming things like "Oh, geeze! If you go into labor on this shuttle, we'll need to call for an ambulance for both of us."

Hahahha! I'm such a horrible person for finding this so funny. Do you think I should tell him that the chances of me having a baby during a 10 minute shuttle ride are slim to none?

No comments: