Pages

Monday, February 23, 2009

Weird dreams

I've been having weird dreams lately, and though I won't share all them them until later, I will mention this one.

Daycare was teaching the little kids to hate Canada. They were being taught that the Canadians were planning on attacking the USA and since we didn't know when that would be, we had to prepare ourselves. The little toddlers were learning how to draw Canadian flags burning in fire. They learned how to rip maple leaves to shreds, but leave the aspen leaves alone. They were even having mock battle scenes where some of the toddlers were wearing berets and the others were wearing US Flag capes.

And how did I find out? Ellie came home saying things like "Go home, nanada geese!" and "Dirty Nanadian rooster sucker." Keep in mind that Canada is bilingual, so this second one really isn't meant to come out of a toddler's mouth.

Weird stuff. Yet it seemed so real at the time.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Hope you're resting better soon. Weird dreams suck. I always wake up exhausted.

Niffer said...

Definitely wake up exhausted and I have the weirdest dreams when I'm pregnant. Last night I had one about aliens but I don't recall what made it so weird. I do recall it taking me a long time to realize it wasn't real after I woke up.