Pages

Thursday, March 04, 2010

Tid-Bits IX

I love Ellie's colors: bleew, wed, lellow, white, pink, gween, purple, and my personal favorite: silverware.

On the way to the park Ellie said, "Look! I found da park! Dere it is! Let's go cats it!"

I love how what started out as a simple special rock to keep Ellie safe has turned into a full-fledged treasure location. At this moment in time, she has the following treasured items under her pillow:
- 1 special rock
- 2 plastic bangle bracelets
- 1 real rock
- 3 princess headbands
- 2 glass bead necklaces
- 2 plastic Mardi Gras necklaces
- 3 barrettes
- 4 plastic glass flowers
- 1 nylon butterfly
- 1 coaster
- 1 baby teething ring
Hmm... maybe we should look into cutting back.

No matter how hard I try, I just can't get the technique of tucking Ellie in quite right. Daddy knows how to do it. According to Ellie, he does it like a square and I do it like a triangle. We've yet to figure out what she means.

I love how everything is about princesses. Daddy thinks it's weird, but there are princesses everywhere. Recently we made a big deal out of staying up late at night to watch the princesses dance on ice for the Olympics. Ellie LOVED it.

I love watching Ellie and Brynn's friendship develop...
Brynn: Ellie's here!
Ellie: (running up to Brynn and sticking her face right in front of Brynn's so to know she's paying attention) I get to watch princesses dance on ice tonight!!!!
Brynn: I got a haircut!!!

I love how concentrated Addie looks whenever Ellie is in sight. Addie just stares and stares and stares. She already knows that this little girl is going to be something to look up to.

I love how Ellie's favorite name is Kenna. What's your bear's name? Kenna. What's your baby's name? Kenna. What's your name, Princess? Kenna. Honestly, I like the name too. It's a shame she could only came up with Kyle when asked what her baby sister should be named.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE how Addie smiles when she sees me. She just simply calms down and knows that everything is going to be ok now that Mommy is here.

I love how as soon as Ellie puts on a dress or a skirt, she is transformed into a princess. "I'm a pwincess! I'm a pwincess!" as she spins and skips through the hallway.

I love how Best Buy stores are boats to Ellie. Actually, now that she's older she acknowledges that it's just a building that wants to be a boat. Still, she points them out whenever she sees one.

I love the intense look on Addie's face whenever she is staring at Ellie. And that happens A LOT. It's like she's trying to determine why this person is smaller and maybe even trying to figure out how to be more like her when she gets older? Perhaps.

No comments: