Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

Props to my soul mate

I have a problem that I can't seem to fix. My soul mate knows me too well.

Wait... huh? Are you confused already?

The problem is that the sweet guy keeps thinking of the perfect gift for me. So perfect, in fact, that he will buy the gift only to have me insist on buying it soon afterwards. I almost always ruin his surprise.

Examples?

He printed my blog into a book for Mother's Day last year. A week later (and before he could give it to me on Mother's Day) I found myself almost ordering a book myself. He had to come clean so that I didn't waste money.

I love church windows and he bought me one for my birthday last year. A couple weeks before my birthday, I found the same one and wanted so badly to spend my own money to get it. He had to come clean so that I didn't waste money.

Before Addie was born I thought it would be a wonderful symbolic thing to get a ring with Black Hills Gold on it. The green leaves could be represent Spring Ellie and the orange leaves could represent Autumn Addie. Here I was thinking I was being helpful by showing Michael some ideas. Little did I know that he already bought me one. He had to come clean so that I didn't waste my money.

The list goes on and on.

And now it's happened again. He figured out what he was going to get me for Mother's Day (yes, I know... that's NEXT MAY). Then this weekend we were at Home Depot and it occurred to me that it was the time of year to plant daffodils. I SOOO BADLY WANT DAFFODILS!!!! So, of course, I insist on searching to see if the store has any. And he had to come clean so that I didn't waste money.

I'M GETTING DAFFODILS FOR MOTHER'S DAY!!! He wanted to plant them without me knowing about it so that when the spring time came, daffodils would suddenly appear in my yard for me. He's such a sweet husband.

There are worse problems to have than a husband who knows me so well that he always gets me EXACTLY what I want, but I kind of feel bad for the guy because it is nearly impossible for him to surprise me. I'd say 8 out of 10 times, I ruin the surprise before he can give it to me.

Everybody together now... "Aaaawwwwww..."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwww!!!! Go, Michael!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, forgot to tell you that comment was from me. =) Jen

CBonebreak said...

Maybe he reads your dreams while you sleep? :)

Kellie said...

Awww that is cute!!