Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

Little Sister Quote of the Day


Not quite a quote yet, but I think it still counts.

Addie: Eh?
Mommy: What do you have?
Addie: Eh.
Mommy: Oh! What a pretty head band. Do you want to wear it?
Addie: (head nod).
Mommy: (putting the head band onto Addie's head) Oh, how pretty!
Addie: (walks over to Ellie, sticks her head down and into Ellie's face).
Ellie: No, go away Addie.
Addie: (stays).
Ellie: No, go away! Please go away.
Mommy: I think she just wants you to say how pretty her head band is and then she'll go away.
Ellie: Oh! How pretty! So pretty Addie!
Addie: (HUGE smile and walks back to Mommy).

I LOVED how she wanted her big sister's approval. LOVED IT.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sweet. Your girls make me want to be a mommy... some day. =)

Jen

Niffer said...

I keep saying that you'd make a great mommy. It's not all rosey as my blog makes it seem, but it's definitely worth it. As daunting as it sounds, I HIGHLY recommend starting a blog when you get to that point. It has REALLY helped me in recent months to stay focused on why I love being a Mommy. Without it, I'm sure I'd get lost in the day-to-day frustrations.

Unknown said...

OMG! I love Addie and I can totally relate to sisterly approval. Way to rock it Lorielle!