Pages

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Ellie loves paint!

Yesterday I when I picked up Ellie from daycare, she showed me her latest painting. I asked her "Oh, did you do this?" and she took the piece of paper with the purple blobbed design on it and went on to explain the details to me. I would share her words with you, but honestly I have no idea how to spell many of the sounds that come out of her mouth. Let's just say that it was very apparent that she was very excited and proud of this painting.

At first I was thrilled by her excitement. It was fun to watch her explain it to me and share her thoughts about it with me. But then she decided to demonstrate her words so that there was no misunderstanding. She licked the paper. And licked it again. "Num num" she says.

"Ellie are you eating the paint?" I asked and a teacher over heard me. She said that Ellie LOVES to paint because she LOVES to eat the paint, but not to worry because it's not toxic.

Ha ha ha! Here I was thinking that her excited words were words of "Look what I did, Mommy! I took paint and put it over here to represent a flower, and this over here is a dog. Can you see?" but instead it was "See this color? It tastes really good! And see this over here, that is yummy too. And I put this here because it tastes better like that."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's adorable! The way you wrote about it I could totally picture it.

Niffer said...

I love how proud she is of her artwork. Recently (about 4 days ago) she had her feet painted and then she walked across a large piece of paper. She has shown me her footprints every day (both morning and evening) since. It must have been fun!