Pages

Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Daycare is amazing

I have always been impressed by a good daycare. And I think we've been pretty lucky with the daycares we've been to. This one is no exception.

Addie transitioned to her new room last week. She spent a couple hours in the new room every day. Thursday was her first day to take her nap there and Friday was her first full day in the new room. No, that's not why the daycare is impressive. Let me finish before you interrupt.

It's the drastic change we see in Addie that impresses me. Even after that small amount of time in the new room, she has suddenly sprouted with new skills. She LOVES LOVES LOVES to "spin" around in circles. It's more like pivoting than actual spinning, but it's a talent that Addie is obviously proud of that she must have learned from the older kids in her new room.

She also has made a huge leap forward on the sign language front. Over the weekend she was suddenly using "drink," "more" and "all done" on an almost consistent basis. I've also noticed her signing "milk" and "please" on a couple occasions. ALL AFTER SPENDING A PORTION OF A WEEK IN A NEW ROOM.

I'm telling you... the single best thing about daycare is the interactions the kids get with each other. Peer pressure and learning from each other are definitely good things right now. I love it.

And I love how quickly my daughters learn. They are amazing little girls.

Now if only we can get back to having Addie sleep until 6:30 or 7:00. Part of transitioning to the new room means she's on one nap instead of two, which means she's more tired than usual, which means she sleeps worse at night, which means she thinks it's a great idea to wake up at 5:00, which means we need to show her the error of her logic.

No comments: