Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Ellie's Art

Ellie keeps advancing her drawing skills and I really question whether or not I will ever get tired of seeing her creations.

Ellie made some cards at Nana's house. I recently showed her how to make butterflies and she just took off, a butterfly making machine.
This one she made all by herself. I love the rain. It's such a perfectly innocent drawing.
Flowers for Nana, under a rainbow. This girl is an expert rainbow maker. I've noticed that recently all her rainbows have the correct order and colors.
She does have an annoying little habit of folding her masterpieces into cards, but I liked how she insisted on writing a message. She already knew how to spell the word "love" but I had to tell her the other letters.
Three spiders in a web. One is happy, one is sad and one is scared.
And then there is the giraffe for Daddy, Mommy, Ellie and Addie. I think I like pet giraffes.
A tree surrounded by flowers and "the colorful sky." This was the first picture Ellie came home with that had labels (though they're upside down, silly teacher).
Sketching a still life. Ellie helped me write labels on each of the items she drew a few weeks ago. I don't know what a skinny stick, pokey stick or a photo strap is, but that's what she said she drew. Note she added the butterflies... I like how they've evolved into having smiley faces.
And another one of my favorites. It's Mommy, Addie, Ellie and Daddy standing under a rainbow sharing flowers. We're all wearing clothes, but you can see we're very happy.
Ellie insisted that I write "Make you think of me" on the back of the picture so that I think of her when I see the drawing hanging up at work. Then she wrote "Love Ellie, To Mommy" by herself. My heart melts at the fact that she can write "I (heart) U" even though she thinks that's how you spell "love."
Ellie so proud of her most recent sidewalk art.
Notice the new style of legs! I think it looks like we're all walking! I love that she drew us holding hands, walking down the sidewalk together.
Hmmm.... Come to think of it, now that we all have wonderful bodies and legs, we seem to have lost our arms and hands. Oh well, at least we're always a happy family. I'm going to have to get me a rainbow dress, though! That looks like fun.

No comments: