Pages

Thursday, September 01, 2011

Daily Routine

Sometimes it's hard to not let the annoying things get you down, and today I choose to give you a look into the good things about our daily routine.

1. Ellie loves to come snuggle with me for a few minutes in the morning. It seems as though many of the days where I allow 15 minutes of snuggle time, she is much more willing to be helpful. As for me, I have to admit that I love it too. Who doesn't like a good snuggle?

2. Ellie still adores being the one to wake up her baby sister. As for Addie, she's all smiles as long as Ellie is the one who wakes her up. If I go in to do it, Addie insists that it's still time to sleep.

3. I love that Ellie likes to wear her long knee high socks. Whether it be shorts or a skirt, she'll wear her socks. It does not matter that they completely clash with the rest of the motif.

4. I think it's funny when Ellie huffs and puffs to hurry fast, though she doesn't move any faster. I love that Addie swings her arm back and forth as she moves fast, but also does not actually move any faster.

5. Once in the car, I love that when I wave bye with my fingers in the "I Love You" sign, Addie waives back with the number four. Ellie also waives back with four fingers only because she sees Addie doing it. Occasionally she'll put in the extra effort to figure out how to keep the proper fingers down.

6. On the days that I'm dropping them off at daycare, I love how they know their routine. Addie goes into her room, sits in a chair and waits to be served her breakfast. Ellie gives her a big hug every morning.

7. On the days that I pick the girls up, I love how Ellie is almost always engaged in an activity that she doesn't want to stop. She'll ask me to go get her sister first so that she can have a couple extra minutes.

8. Addie is so proud walking through the halls to get her big sister to go home. You can tell by the way she swings her arms.

9. On the way home I love when they each pick the songs they want to hear and wait patiently for their turn.

10. Addie gets such a big kick out of the times when it's her turn to pick which way we drive. I think she's thrilled when we listen to her suggestions as though they're very important.

11. At dinner we can almost guarantee that they will entertain each other. Perhaps not eat, but entertain yes.

12. At bed time I love how much my girls enjoy reading books. And the hugs can't be beat.

No comments: