Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

The World According to Ellie (4 years old)

In case you'd like to see how much Ellie has changed in a year, here is The World According to Ellie at 3 years old.

My name is LORI-LELLE VINCENT

I am FOUR YEARS OLD. I'M ALMOST FOUR AND A HALF! WHEN MY BABY TURNS TWO, I WILL TURN FOUR AND A HALF AND DEN I WILL TURN FIVE!!!

This is how I write my name:

This is what I look like:

This is what my family looks like:

I love my mommy because I SNUGGLE WIF HER and SHE'S PRETTY. SHE IS MY MOMMY FOREVER.

I love my daddy because HE PLAYS WIF ME, HE TEASES ME AND HE IS MY FRIEND FOREVER.

I love my Addie because SHE'S MY BABY and SHE MAKES ME LAUGH.

I love Merlin because he is BIG.

My favorite toy is still Bun Bun...

...but Lambie, Squeakers (see above), Baby Dragon, Baby Turtle, Pink Bear & Mommy's bear have all threatened to replace her.

My favorite friend is... I DON'T HAVE A FAVORITE FRIEND RIGHT NOW. MOMMY YOU CAN BE MY BEST FRIEND AND WHEN I AM FIVE, I WILL GO TO A KINDERGARTEN AND FIND A NEW BEST FRIEND. BUT DON'T WORRY, EVEN DOUGH I WILL HAVE A NEW BEST FRIEND, YOU WILL STILL BE MY FRIEND TOO.

My favorite thing to do is WHAT EVER YOU DO, NO WAIT... SWIMMING!

The best things about me are I AM NICE TO MY SISTER BECAUSE IT MAKES YOU HAPPY and I CAN RUN REALLY REALLY FAST!

I am good at jumping on one foot...

... spinning around really fast...

... standing on my head and getting dressed by myself...

... swimming...

... holding my breath under water...

... and knowing the words to lots and lots of songs!

My favorite color is WHAT DID I SAY WHEN I WAS EATING? IT STARTS WITH AN OH OH OH... ORANGE!

My favorite food is PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY POCKETS.

My favorite animal is A DRAGON! CAN I BE A BABY DRAGON FOR HALLOWEEN?

My favorite song is THE CHICKEN SONG!!! ("If the Stars Were Mine" by Melody Gardot) I LIKE IT BECAUSE SHE SOUNDS FUNNY WHEN SHE IS TRYING TO BE A CHICKEN. I KNOW HOW SHE DOES IT! DO YOU WANT TO HEAR?

My favorite book is THE RAINBOW FAIRY BOOKS.

My favorite weather is WHEN IT RAINS BUT IT IS SUMMER TIME. I CALL IT SUMMER RAIN.

If I were a superhero, I would be RAPUNZEL AND DEN I CAN SWING IN A TREE WIF MY HAIR! BUT MOMMY? I'M NOT A SUPER HERO. SUPER HEROES ARE BOYS. I'M A SUPER **STAR** HERO INSTEAD.

When I grow up I want to be A MOMMY AND I WILL HAVE A BABY IN MY TUMMY! AND WHEN YOU PUT YOUR HAND ON MY TUMMY, YOU WILL SAY "OH, I FEEL THE BABY MOVING!"

My favorite place to visit is THE PLAYGROUND.

The most beautiful place I have ever visited is DA MOUNTAINS. REMEMBER WHEN WE WENT CAMPING UP DERE AND DERE WAS A DEER???

I would like to help the world by PRETECTING PEOPLE FROM BAD GUYS! I WILL PUT DA BAD GUYS INTO JAIL AND TELL THEM, "TIME OUT UNTIL YOU SAY YOU ARE SORRY!!!"

How many people are in a hot air balloon? THREE, BUT MOMMY? WHEN CAN I GO IN A BALLOON? MAYBE WHEN I'M FIVE?

How many people are in the entire world? (SIGH) I DON'T KNOW. MAYBE I CAN COUNT THAT HIGH WHEN I'M 10. I ONLY KNOW HOW TO COUNT TO A HUNDRED.

What we will remember most about Ellie at this age is...
You are still a wonderful big sister and always want to teach Addie how to do new things. When she learns how to do something, you are usually the one cheering her on the most. Sometimes you use this to your advantage and trick Addie into doing things she wouldn't otherwise do, but for the most part you use this power for good and not evil. You love to wake her up in the morning and still give her lots of hugs, especially if she us upset. You are starting to learn that sometimes friends grow apart. Though Brynn is still your favorite friend, you struggle with her not being as nice to you as you wish she were. You have decided that you do not need a best friend right now because you are sure to find a new one in Kindergarten. You still love books but have started to enjoy the longer chapter books, which is quite exciting for Mommy and Daddy. You can spell a few words and are very proud of yourself for it, but the thing that brings the most pride to your face is your ability to swim. If you can call it that. Imagine a bobbing butt, with legs and head sprawled out under the water. That's ok, though, because after only a few weeks of swim lessons, we are blown away by your confidence. You even try to convince us to let you go down the big water slides by yourself. You adore your grandparents and even have a photo of Gramma and you by your bedside. You are a tender, kind girl who seems to consider her friends and doing nice things for them more than I would expect a girl your age to do. Your confidence allows you to ask grown-ups questions and you act more grown up every day. You have a beautiful soul and you make Mommy and Daddy smile every day with your growing wisdom.

You know how life works: IF SOMEONE DOES SOMEPING MEAN DEN DEY THINK DEY ARE FILLING YOUR BUCKET BUT THEY AREN'T. THEY'RE CALLED BUCKET DIPPERS. BUT IF YOU ARE NICE, DEN YOU ARE A BUCKET FILLER. AND IF YOUR BUCKET IS FULL DEN YOU ARE HAPPY. I DON'T LIKE BUCKET DIPPERS. IF YOU ARE A BUCKET DIPPER DEN PEOPLE WILL NOT WANT TO BE YOUR FRIEND.

No comments: