Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Diversity at Daycare

Perhaps Addie's class is more diverse than we think it is. Recently she was telling us about a conversation she had with her friends...

"Guess what!? I went to to da da field yesserday. Wif my fwiends! And I said "baga" and Gabby said "baga" and I said "smoo ya" and she said "smoo ya" and I said "click clack goora" and she said click clack goora." And I said "lema sna la la" and she said "lema sna la la"... and I said..."

I wish there was a good way to type all the clicking we heard in her story. It sounded like she as speaking some Native African tribal language with all her throat sounds and clicking. Even if it doesn't translate well into a post, it made us smile if for no other reason than she went on and on about the weird words she and her friend were saying.

No comments: