Pages

Friday, June 01, 2012

Progress

Today marks 1-month of working out. It's hard to say how I feel about it. I'm surprised I've kept it up for this long and I don't want to stop. That being said I don't wake up every morning saying "Yippee! I get to workout today!" Usually the first 10 minutes of a workout are the hardest. Grrr.

I wasn't sure how well I was progressing because I thought I could only see subtle changes in the mirror, but here are the numbers. I think they speak for themselves. Numbers in parenthesis are my measurements from 1 month ago.

Chest: 35" (36")
R. Arm: 11" (11.5")
L. Arm: 11" (12")
Waist: 34" (37.5")
... Hips: 40.5" (43")
R. Thigh: 24" (25.5")
L. Thigh: 24" (26")
Weight: 153 (159)

Holy smokes! That's 12" total loss! I've even lost 6 pounds. Woo hoo!

Next month I think I'll take photos to see if I can actually SEE a difference.

I'm not there yet. Even this morning BOTH of my girls managed to innocently insult me.

Addie: I wanna wear my yellow dress.
Mommy: Oh, I love your yellow dress. Can I wear it?
Addie: No. Is too big.
Mommy: I'm too big for it?
Addie: Yeah. You can wear your big big big big big big BIG dress dough!

Ellie: What are you doing?
Daddy: I'm helping Mommy measure herself to see if she's getting healthy.
Ellie: Oh.
Mommy: You were worried that I would get too skinny. Am I too skinny for you?
Ellie: No. I can still see your baby (aka tummy), so it's ok.

Ah, you gotta love them.

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Wow! Impressive numbers. congrats.