Pages

Thursday, July 25, 2013

First Little Family Trip

By now you have seen bits and pieces of our first little family trip. What do I mean by that? We took the girls on a vacation, where we didn't have to visit any extended family members! I know that may sound strange, but given the fact that we have 4 sets of grandparents to split our vacation time, you can imagine how quickly 3 weeks of vacation vanishes. This year we made it a priority to start our own little family traditions, with just the girls and ourselves. We started having monthly date nights where we do something fun together with the family, and then have 1:1 dates with the girls. And... We went on our FIRST family vacation. Whoop! Whoop! It felt good!

We decided to take the girls up to Washington state and I have to say that it was REALLY fun to travel with these two. I am enjoying being a parent more and more, and it makes my heart sing that we have started to create our own little family traditions.

No comments: