Pages

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Lavender

They say that a particular scent can trigger a memory better than anything else. If that's true, then no doubt I will think of our first little family trip every time I smell lavender from here on out. Sometimes the best part of a vacation are the small things you stumble upon without expecting it. Who knew that there was a lavender festival going on? We certainly did not, but as soon as we heard about it we also knew it was a MUST.

And I am so glad we went! We had lavender ice cream and lavender cookies. We bought lavender soap, lavender lotion, lavender pouches and teddy bears stuffed with lavender. We even grabbed a bottle of lavender steak rub that we're quite curious about.

The best part, aside from the fact that I now LOVE the smell of lavender, is that we now have a set of unexpected WONDERFUL photos that almost look as though we snuck away to Provence. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE.

Please excuse me as I obsess about lavender for the years to come. This is a memory worth keeping forever.

1 comment:

Shana said...

I am so glad that you found such a wonderful surprise! Your photos are lovely.