Pages

Friday, September 26, 2014

Sunrise Magic

It has finally happened... the point in parenthood where I feel like I can wake the girls up earlier than normal and not suffer any consequences. This has been a moment I've been looking forward to for so long. I have a few memories of times when my mom would wake me in the middle of the night to simply go for a walk. It kind of breaks my heart now wondering the reasons behind her feeling like she needed a midnight walk in the first place, but the memories are treasures.

As my first gesture towards creating similar treasures for my daughters, I woke them early enough to join me in taking sunrise photos of the barn that is a couple blocks away from our home. We woke early, grabbed some hot cocoa and then sat waiting for the sun to make it's appearance.

The moment was perfect. May there be many more like it to come...

No comments: