Pages

Friday, January 09, 2015

Niffer's local happy places

When we moved to our new house, we had made the decision mostly for financial reasons. Now, just over a year later, I am reflecting on how much I am enjoying living in Longmont. I am surprised at how many little favorites I have from this area. I do not feel like I ever established any favorite Niffer places when we lived in Boulder (though I would now consider the Boulder Dushanbe Teahouse to be one, but I have fallen in love with that place since moving to Longmont).

Here are some of my local favorites. A trip to any one of these places makes for one very happy Niffer....

Mary's Market and Deli in Hygiene
This is the closest thing to a European market that we can get, and I only say that because it's tiny. There isn't much you can buy there, but I like everything about that. They sell fresh local meats and yummy homemade food. The girls like this place best because they have a table where you can play checkers with a bin of old bottle caps. We often go there and buy a make-shift picnic.

Cheese Importers in Longmont
I'm pretty sure that it's just the cheesy (excuse the pun) French atmosphere that I love so much about this place. Anything that reminds me of Europe is a winner for me. The yummy cheeses and desserts are just a bonus.

Sun Rose Cafe in Longmont
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Anything that gives me even a hint of European flare makes my heart sing. This place is in an old building with tall ceilings covered in fancy ceiling tiles. Apparently that's enough to remind me of Europe. Haha. In my defense, though, this place has super yummy food and I love the lavender lemonade.

Robin's Chocolates in Longmont
Enough said. Robin studied in France to learn how to create her wonderful French-styled chocolates. Each one is just as beautiful to look at as it is yummy to eat. And besides... there is nothing more European than French chocolates, and even if I happen to prefer the taste of Belgian chocolates, I'll take what I can get. I won't complain too much.

Romana Cake House in Longmont
I know, I know... You're tired of hearing about Europe, but this place has croissants! And other desserts! Yummy! It also doesn't hurt that the owner is an incredibly sweet lady from Romania who has a heart of gold.

1 comment:

Jen H said...

They all sound wonderful. I wish I was there and could go with you!