Pages

Friday, February 05, 2016

Keeping up with the Joneses

It I think we all have conversations about keeping up with the Joneses. Sometimes it presents itself with a colleague getting a new fancy house or even one in fantastic location.  Maybe it's a neighbor who just got a really nice car. Or maybe it's a friend who recently got back from a fantastic exotic trip.

We have all had to deal with situations in which you find yourself a bit jealous of what someone else, where you stay to wonder if you, too, should get a nice house.  Maybe it's time for a new car.  Maybe we should put more of our money towards (enter whatever item here)?

But when it comes to my rock star husband, I think he deserves some kudos.  Whenever the topic of "keeping up with the Joneses" makes a tempting assistance, without fail,  he starts with giving the topic at hand some consideration. He will even dive in with some quick research on options.  But he ALWAYS ends up on websites reading articles on how to SAVE more money instead of how to SPEND more money.

I somehow managed to catch myself a keeper and I am still so thankful for him.

No comments: