Pages

Friday, August 11, 2006

Nap time?

It is not even 2:00 in the afternoon and all I can think about is how badly I need a nap! I knew that one of the symptoms of being pregnant was being really tired, but this is just insane!

Want to know the real reason why I finally ended up taking the test??? Well... I got home and realized that the rug in the entryway looked so cozy and all I wanted to do was drop right there and sleep. I barely had enough energy to go upstairs. That's when I knew for sure I'd pass the test. Everything leading up to that point was just encouragement.

That's how it's been for me for 4 of the last 5 days... I have hardly been able to stay awake in the car to keep up a conversation with M, even though the topic is one that I've recently been fascinated with (baby names)... I am personally quite proud of myself when the clock turns 8pm, thinking to myself "Look! I've lasted until a somewhat reasonable bedtime! Woohoo! Good night everyone!" just before I pass out. I actually am quite shocked that I've ended up in my bed every night.

So no, I am not surprised that I am tired, but I am surprised at just how tired I really feel. Mom, remember when I'd come home after finals and pass-out for a few days? Well, if only work had a budget I could charge my time to for such a thing!

"Oh, I'm sorry, I wish I could help you on your very important and exciting project, but my plate is 100% full with this nap-time critical design review I need to prepare for."

No comments: