Pages

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Do these pants make my stomach look big?

You might ask me what's the point to having a blog if I never write in it? And to you I'd respond with "uh, um... because my mommy says I'm special!" Actually, truth be known, I've been so busy at work that by the time I get home all I want to do is crash. To say that I've been stressed out at work recently would be an understatement, but I am trying to tell myself that it's not good for the baby and that there are a lot of things I just can not change, especially now given the timing of everything.

So enough of that... on to more fun things! Last week I went to England with my family to meet the man who rescued my grandpa from his plane crash during WWII. Quite the story, eh? It made for an interesting trip and it was actually quite humbling. In the end, it made me miss my granparents. It would have been nice if they had been able to meet M, or better yet, been around to see the great grandchildren.

Sorry, I forgot. We were supposed to move onto the fun things. My sister is super excited to become an aunt, and this was the first time I've seen her in quite a while. She couldn't stop complimenting me on my tummy. She insisted that I've started showing and she thought it was cute. I didn't have the heart to tell her that I'm really not showing yet, but that it's just the weight I've gained since the last time I've seen her. And I tried to keep that thought out of my mind everytime she patted my tummy.

So, what is there to do in London? Apparently, shopping. My sister insisted on helping me buy my very first tummy clothes!! I'm sure it's too early to really start, but I couldn't help myself. We just came across this super-cute maternity store. I must say, though, that it was definitely the way to shop. For the first time ever, instead of sucking it in, I was pushing my stomach out to make it look as big as possible. Instead of the usual scene of me asking "do these pants make my butt look too big?" (picture me sticking my bumm way out), I kept asking "does this make my stomach look big enough?"

Let me tell you, much much less stress when you shop like that. =)

No comments: