Pages

Friday, September 29, 2006

My mom would be proud

As with most people, every 6 months my dental insurance gives me permission to see the dentist. It's like a semi-annual party gone bad every time. I don't blame the dentists. Poor guys. But I find it difficult to not hate them, and today I went in for my so called "cleaning". I much prefer to call it "scraping". Ugh.

I have become accustomed to being lectured about flossing. I've never been very good at doing it, and my only lame excuse is that the floss hurts my fingers. Yep, my fingers, not my gums. However, this time I was prepared! I've been flossing ever since I found out that I'm pregnant! (enter round of applause and cheers here) I had read (in multiple places) that poor gums can lead to premature births. Don't ask me how that works, but needless to say, the pregnancy has been good motivation for me to pull out the floss.

Anyway, today, much to my surprise, I did not get a lecture! Woohoo! It's not that my gums are in *great* condition, but they're in *ok* condition and the dental hygienist was kind enough to blame that on the pregnancy. Score!

Not pregnant? Then your gums are in bad condition. You should be ashamed! Pregnant? Well then your gums really aren't all that bad. Keep up the good work! Hehehe... it makes me laugh.

On a brighter note, my dentist has given me his official permission to go out and eat ice cream and pickles.

No comments: