Pages

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

It's official

It's now official. I'm now officially pregnant because I have told people at work. I was trying to wait until I knew for sure that the review cycle was over or until I started to show (which ever came first). However, there were enough people who knew that I figured I should start telling people officially because who knows how long such a thing is kept a secret.

I wasn't going out of my way to tell people. It's just that some people knew we were trying to get pregnant and so they would ask how that was going and I'd get a big goofy grin on my face. I even went into one coworker's office to borrow something and he said "you're pregnant, aren't you?" I asked who told him and he said he could just tell. He must have noticed my new boobs. LOL!!!

Anyway, there were enough random people who knew that I decided to tell at least my section supervisor. And what better timing? Last time I went out of town, she picked the day I was leaving to give me bad news - horrible timing on her part because it meant I spent my vacation worrying about work. Well, revenge is sweet. This time I told her about going out of town tomorrow (for a week in Paris!!) just before telling her I was pregnant. "Umm, yeah, so I'm not going to be useful next week and I can really only be helpful for another 6 months anyway. Please still love me."

Ok, so it wasn't that bad... I did tell her about my trip earlier, but that doesn't mean she had the time to remember. It is weird, though, having people know now. And how do I continue to tell people? I can't just walk up to my male engineer coworkers and say "so... I'm pregnant, but I think I found a fix to the design problem we had!" Or can I?

No comments: