Pages

Monday, October 16, 2006

Inspiration from the French

I was gone all last week on a mother/daughter trip to Paris! Paris! It was really nice to spend a lot of alone time with my mom and my seestor.

So, what do you do when you're in Paris for a week? Well, shop of course! (actually we did see A LOT of stuff). My mom bought this really pretty grey dress (a color she's NEVER liked before, but looks great on her) and I, of course, got more baby clothes! I got a cute shirt that says "c'est pour avril" (it's for April) with an arrow pointing downward. Super-cute! And even though I'm not exactly fashion concious, I do realize I should wait until I'm showing more to wear it. LOL!

Speaking of which, I owe my mom and sister an appology. So, if you guys are reading this, here it goes... They kept telling me that I look pregnant, and I kept insisting that I'm not showing yet and all that weight that they saw was just from the Paris trip (Mmmm... creme brulee!). Well, in the last couple days since being home, I not only lost the few pounds I gained from the trip, but I have also been told by a few people that indeed, I am beginning to show. How is that possible? I've only gained 4 pounds since finding out I'm pregnant!!! And I swear the majority of that is in my upper body, not my lower (enter applause and whistling here).

Anyway... moving on... the other baby-related thing that happened in Paris was that we finally decided on which nursery theme we would use. Both Michael and I had been leaning towards Sweet Vanilla, but hadn't made any decisions. Then in Paris, I found out that Marie Antoinette loved sheep so much that she built an entire cottage village (thatched roofs and all) to play "sheepherdess" with all her friends. How funny is that?! Well thanks to her obsession with sheep, it made it quite difficult for me not to buy some myself. Sheep!*

Don't worry, I did call home to ask Michael if he approved first, and just because he was still asleep when I called does not mean his "go ahead" was not valid! =P

Ok, ok... so back to work now. We have our next doctor's appointment today, so wish us luck! I believe that officially, we're past the first trimester! Woohoo!


* Please do not send sheep. I have enough myself and already risk having my very own flock in our nursery as it is. =)

No comments: