Pages

Monday, October 30, 2006

A lesson in shopping

Friday, Michael and I had dinner with his dad, stepmother and aunt. It was nice to see Lou Ann (his aunt) again, and best yet, she gave us our first baby gift!*

The best part of the gift was a bunch of old children's books. Inside, they were autographed by her, Michael's dad and Michael when they were young. OH MY GOSH! I love them!!! Lou Ann did mention that there was one in there that I might not want to read to my child only because it has metallic print inside and might be worth a lot of money. I couldn't help it, but to that, I thought "BAH! My child is SOOO going to sign that book!"

The other gift that Lou Ann gave us was a cute little yellow onesy with ducks on it! Our first baby outfit! Oh my gosh! I'm going to have a baby! In presenting the outfit to us, she mentioned the two rules for shopping for baby clothes:

1. NEVER buy baby clothes that do not unbutton around the legs. If you have to pull the pants on/off the baby, the clothes will only end up staying in the closet. Too much of a hassle.

2. ALWAYS stick your hand inside the clothes before buying them. There are lots of baby clothes that look super fancy and soft on the outside, only to have a plastic-y feeling on the inside.

* Disclaimer - We have gotten a lot of great thoughtful gifts from family members since finding out we're pregnant, but this was the first that was actually for the baby.

No comments: