Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Driver's Safety Class

Ellie: Are you taking me to school?
Mommy: Not today. I thought I could but Daddy needs to.
Ellie: Why?
Mommy: Because I can't pick you up and we only have car seats in one car.
Ellie: Why can't you pick me up?
Mommy: Because I have to go to a class.
Ellie: I wanna go wif you!
Mommy: No, this class isn't fun.
Ellie: But why do you have to go?
Mommy: Because I got in trouble.
Ellie: Why?
Mommy: I was driving too fast and the policeman told me I had to go to a class instead of time-out.
Ellie: You were driving too fast and you get in twouble?
Mommy: Yep. It was stupid of me.
Ellie: And... and... you were driving too fast and... and... and you drive into da pool! And... and... den da please-man says "No dank you!" and said you haf to go to class to sdink about what you did.
Mommy: Pretty much. Well, except for the pool part.
Ellie: And afta you go to da class, you will hug da please-man and say you are sorry. Right, Mommy?
Mommy: That sounds like a good idea.

1 comment:

Robin said...

I love that you need to say 'thank-you' to the 'please-man'

That is one smart cookie you have there! I don't know if I can think of an officer of the law as anything different now!