Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Leaves for Mommy

When we were camping a couple weekends ago, Gramma took Ellie on a hike. This is what I saw when they came back. Awww... melt my heart!

Yes, she picked me "flowers" only this bouquet contained grass, pointy wheat-like stems, a few flowers, and best of all... ASPEN LEAVES!!! I have always loved aspen leaves ever since we invented Aspen Hunting when we were young (I'm hoping there will be a post about our aspen hunting adventure scheduled soon). I even got married in September (last Saturday was our anniversary, thank you very much) because it's my favorite time of the year.

I love these little moments when Ellie gets me something special simply because she wants me to be happy. It makes my heart sing and was just what I needed.

And here was my Ellie - with a bouquet of aspen leaves because Gramma told her that Mommy really liked them. In fact, she knew exactly why she picked them for me...

Which lead to her wanting to take a video telling me why she picked the flowers. This makes me laugh because I feel like it makes it painfully obvious that she needs to work on her acting skills. Too funny. In case you can't understand her (she's a little shy sometimes), the reason she picked aspen leaves for me was... "because... because... because when you were born, you love aspen leaves."

No comments: