Pages

Monday, January 07, 2013

Priorities

This year both Michael and I are doing a lot of soul searching, for lack of a better term. We're giving a lot of consideration to what our Top 3 priorities are and then coming up with goals that align with those priorities. Let me tell you this, narrowing my priorities down to my TOP 3 was no easy task, but we managed to do so.

My top 3 priorities:
1. My little family of 4.
2. Financial health.
3. Helping others.

Michael's top 3 priorities:
1. His little family of 4.
2. Financial health.
3. His health/fitness.

On the car ride home last night...
Ellie: What did you do when we were gone?
Mommy: Daddy and I talked a lot about our priorities. We talked about how the most important things in our lives are the 4 people sitting in this car. What are the 3 most important things in your life?
Ellie: Caring & sharing, my family and me because that's the most special!
Mommy: Oh, those are all very important things. That's a great list. It's very similar to what Daddy and I said.
Ellie: (BIG smiles)

Of course, we have more detailed priority statements that go into WHY the above are at the top of the list. I will not share Michael's statements as they are personal to him, but here are mine:

Priority #1: Family
My #1 priority is my little family because they are my #1 source of joy. Worldly adventures with my husband bring me great joy, as does the sound of my children's laughter. I will be present and actively involved in the lives of my daughters and husband to ensure a happy, healthy and safe home where my children have confidence that their activities, personal development and security take precedent over my career or personal pursuits.

Priority #2: Financial Health
My #2 priority is financial independence because I want to be a role model to my children for how to earn, save AND enjoy financial health that gives us a quality of life that allows us to pursue other activities that make our hearts sing. I will help my husband to provide for our family to meet both immediate and future needs such as travel, education and financial freedom that all enhance our lives.

Priority #3: Helping Others
My #3 priority is helping others because doing so makes my heart sing. I will make the world a better place if an opportunity to do so arises. I will, to the best of my ability, help make people feel loved, appreciated and special. I will also remind them that the world is a beautiful place full of good people with big kind hearts.

No comments: