Pages

Monday, April 14, 2014

Tid-bits

After a typical, nothing special, Friday dinner out at a restaurant, Addie informs me, "Mommy, I just had the best, most special-est day ever with my family tonight!"

I love that after the girls return from spending a few days at Gramma's house, they talk nonstop for hours upon hours as though we haven't seen them in ages. They don't even stop long enough for us to tell them we're going to get ice cream. Instead, we end up herding them out into the car without a word - from us anyway.

I love that Ellie is reading "Matilda" by Roald Dahl out loud to the rest of the family. Watching her stumble across new words is fascinating to watch and sometimes creates a whole tangent of laughter. Take the word "Now-here" for example. Nowhere else would that word create such a giggle attack.

I love that when I found Addie hiding in a corner, obviously not wanting us to see what tasty treat she was stuffing into her face, it was an almost completely eaten container of tomatoes we had bought not 5 minutes before.

Playing the Family Dinner Box of Questions, "Have you ever gotten in trouble for showing you didn't do?"
Ellie responds, "Yes! I once got into trouble for not getting ready for the day!

MOMMY: GAH. I can't remember what I was going to blog about!
ADDIE: Oh, fiddle sticks!



No comments: