Pages

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

How are you?

Some questions should just be banned.

No, seriously. When is that question a good one to ask? If things are going well, you always get the "Fine" answer. If things aren't going well, you get the "Fine" answer.

For me, you get the "Fine" accomanied by tears.

I've never been good at holding back the tears, especially if someone shows any ounce of sympathy.

I have been back at work now for 2 hours and 2 minutes and it's going to be a long long day...

4 comments:

Niffer said...

It's now been 6 hours since leaving Ellie at the daycare and I am proud to say I've only called them once to see how she's doing. Apparently she doesn't like the bottle so hasn't eaten much, but she's sleeping well and likes to be held a lot. Hmmm... is that overall good news? Not sure. Today is so long. So very very long. But for those who are concerned, I think I'm holding in there.

Niffer said...

Update: The daycare said that yesterday was a good first day. She didn't eat much and didn't sleep as much as she usually does, but she smiled a lot when they talked to her and she did well playing with the toys. Apparently she likes to be held as well. hehehe... raise your hand if you're surprised.

me said...

I have the same problem, tears flow so easily! I love your writing, it feels like we're right there with you. Thx for sharing.

Niffer said...

Thank you so much for the kind words!