Pages

Saturday, October 20, 2007

A Great Day

Today we went to another pumpkin patch with Ellie. This time, though, we didn't really go for the pumpkin pictures (just wait until you see how cute those are!!). We just went for the pumpkin festival. We were nervous about it because the farm is a ways away, but it ended up being a perfect day. Ellie slept the hour out there, we stayed for over 3 hours and she slept the hour back. She's one exhausted baby! All in all, it ended up being just about a perfect day for the family.

I'm posting pictures because one of the things that made today so great (besides for the wonderful weather and just all-around beautiful setting) was Ellie's hat. Let's face it, it's not your typical baby hat... but I loved it from the moment I saw it. Our friend made it for us, and I wanted her to know just how many comments we got on it. Everyone loved her hat! We were told that it was the cutest hat on the cutest baby. I love seeing how people think she's cute from afar (meaning they don't actually tell me, but I still see their reactions), and we must have had at least a dozen people actually come up to us and comment on it.

I know it's petty of me, but I love it when people think my baby is so cute! So, thanks Cheryl for helping us have a wonderful day! You should really try to do more of this stuff.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, when I got your text message I was at Newark airport coming back from Ireland and I had just missed my flight to Denver. So I was not terribly happy. But the picture and your description of people's reaction to Lorielle's hat really picked me up. Thanks so much,

Cheryl

Niffer said...

Good. I'm glad.

Ireland?? I wanna go!

Niffer said...

We recently watched a concert on DVD that took place at a castle in Ireland. It's called Celtic Women and we LOVED it. Highly recommended. We almost didn't give the DVD back to Netflix. Lol.

Anonymous said...

I loved Ireland. I was there for a work thing but I would love to go back for a real vacation. I did see some Irish dancing and singing - really fun.