Pages

Monday, October 15, 2007

Tooth ache 3

The good news is that I'm not a bad mom.*

The bad news is that my baby had another cranky night due to teething. She's getting closer now. Instead of just a bump on her gums, it feels more bony like a real tooth. Still, no white showing yet though.

The poor little one. She just doesn't want to be left alone at night when she isn't feeling good. And I've learned that her whimpering is more heart-breaking than her all-out cry. The all-out-cry has been heard enough from the early days of hating the car seat that I guess I've lost some sensitivity to that. When she whimpers, though, oh man. That's difficult for me to watch. Instead of the "I'm pissed so I'll piss everyone in hearing distance off as well", it's more of a "I'm hurting but I'm trying not to complain too much" feel to it.

And if it's a trick, she's reached a new low because of it. I'll have to figure out where she's getting these horrible ideas that work so well.

* Disclaimer - Or am I? The morning after super-cranky night I did find her in the fullest, overflowing diaper yet. Maybe that's what was really upsetting her. I hate variables.

No comments: