Pages

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Tooth Aches 1*

We think little Ellie is getting a tooth. Last Friday she was super fussy and barely ate or slept at daycare. When we got her home, we noticed a bump on her gums. Yesterday she repeated her behavoir for me. The poor little baby... she was in a good mood, easily distracted but you could tell that something was bothering her. And then there were the naps - they were all over the place. Her schedule and routine were WAY off.

Last night she woke up very upset and it took us a long time to calm her down. I feel so bad for her because she obviously wants to be comforted and wants me to make it all better. But I can't. There isn't really anything I can do and it breaks my heart. It's a good thing that she most likely won't remember how miserable she is now. I think it's just as hard on her mom, if not harder. I have to remind myself that just because my baby is teething does not mean I am a bad mother. =)

* I can only assume that this post is the first of many to come, so why not start numbering them now? =)

No comments: