Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

It's starting to sink in now...

I'm beginning to realize something.

I'm a mother.

I know, I know. It comes as a shock to all of us, but here's the deal... I have to feed this little girl! No, listen to me... I have to feed this little girl FOOD. Do you realize what that means? It means that I have to PREPARE the food. I have never done such a thing for even myself, let alone someone else.

And now you see the REAL reason we have waited 6 months to introduce solids to Ellie. Laziness. Oh we can always fall back on the books that say that limiting a baby's diet to breast milk until their 6 months old is the best for the baby's health, but we know the truth. We just use that whole "best for baby" as an excuse.

The truth is it's so much easier to just stick her to the breast when she's hungry. That food source is readily available. No preparation needed. Heck, you don't even need a bib! Gone are the days where I thought bibs were pointless.

Sigh. I liked being a lazy @$$.

No comments: