Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Let me name your baby for you

Our neighbors had their baby last week. She is just so gosh darn small! She was born at 5 pounds and 4 ounces. When I saw her I wanted to cry because she was just so precious!

They were keeping the name a secret until the baby was born. Her name is Elliana. They plan to call her Ellie for short.

Now you may be thinking that I'm writing about this because I'm upset about them having the same nickname for their daughter as we do. But I'm not. Besides, I don't even think they know we call our little one "Ellie".

But here is why I'm writing about Elliana...

When we were talking to our neighbors about the names we were thinking of, we said that our top two girls names included Elliana because we really liked the nickname "Ellie".

Their response was "Elliana, oh, I like that name", which is similar to how anyone would respond.

But 6 months later...

... well let's just say that it was an honor for them to allow us to name their first born child.

No comments: