Pages

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Product Recall

There have been so many baby toys that have been recalled recently. I am thinking (though I could be wrong) that this is always the case, but sometimes it really makes me laugh. Recently the bumbo was recalled. Why? Maybe it was the lead paint? Nope. It was recalled because parents were stupid and used it exactly as the warnings say NOT to use it. Apparently when placed on top of a counter or table, and then left unattended, a baby can fall out of the bumbo and cause serious damage hitting the floor.

Ummm... is it just me or does this strike you as stupid? I feel bad for the company who has to recall a great product just because the parents don't use it properly.

And the super funny thing about it is that soon after the recall announcement, I got lots of emails from my group of new mommies saying "Oh my gosh! I'm so not going to use this anymore!" Umm... not to sound insulting, but maybe you could just start using it on the floor instead??

It makes me wonder if I should be more concerned about things like this than I am.

1 comment:

Niffer said...

I haven't heard about Household product recalls, but maybe that's because I'm so bombarded with the toy recalls to pay attention to anything else. Thanks for the link!