Pages

Monday, December 17, 2007

Weekend of change and spit-swapping

I thought about writing multiple posts about this weekend, but then I changed my mind. I'm not sure why but it is my decision to make.

This weekend was crazy in terms of how much my little Ellie changed! Why does it seem like I am just being a mom, minding my own business, when BAM! Ellie grows up!

First, she is getting so close to crawling. So very very close. Let's not linger on that topic for too long because her mother has different thoughts on whether or not that's a good thing.

Starting over...

First, she slept through the night. Completely. She went to bed around 7:30 and didn't wake until 7:00. Usually she wakes once for a feeding. Isn't that exciting? The crazy part, though, is that she has done that 3 nights in a row!!! UMM??? HUH??? BAM! She knows night time is for sleeping, not eating!

Second, she now knows how this "reading" thing goes. We have a couple books where you read some words, then open the page to find hidden words. One example of that is Peek-A-Boo Kisses. The page starts off saying, "Peek-A-Boo, I see..." with a picture of a cat with its paws over its eyes. Then you open the page and it says, "Fuzzy cat kisses!" and you can pet the fuzzy cat. Usually when I read a book to her, she tries to eat it, but this weekend, she sat and listened patiently. Then when I opened the page and said "fuzzy cat kisses!" she leaned forward and pat the cat. Then she leaned back again and waited patiently for the next page. UMM??? HUH??? BAM!!! She knows books are for reading, not eating!

Thirdly, she's getting great at the kissing. She kisses me all the time now and is constantly sliming me with baby drool. Michael learned that if he blows gently into her mouth, she'll go in for a kiss. It's really quite adorable. I must say that I love the baby kisses, even if they leave the side of my face dripping in baby drool. I wouldn't trade these moments for the world.

No comments: