Pages

Monday, December 03, 2007

Sick Baby

My little girl was sick this weekend. Whether or not this was the first time is still up for debate. We've had our fussy days and our slimy days, but this was the first time that she expressed her "not feeling well" by being very... what's the word? Mopey? You know what I'm talking about... that feeling that you get when all you want to do is lay in bed all day long and never get out to eat or shower? Unfortunately for Ellie, she still can't tell me that this is how she felt, so I unknowingly forced her out of bed, forced her to get ready for the day, forced her to eat, and forced her to socialize with our company (Grandma is in town). Ugh. Who wants to do all that when you don't feel good?

Anyway, it marked the first time that my baby was content in just laying in my arms. So it was a bitter-sweet weekend. On one hand, I felt bad for her, knowing that she did not feel good at all. On the other hand, I finally got the picture perfect baby just laying in my arms, just like they are in the movies (minus the snot)!

No comments: