Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Toe fettish

We have a new game in the household. Ellie has decided that it is her goal in life to get our toes into her mouth. I personally feel like she's setting her standards a little low and that she can accomplish much more than that, but she doesn't seem to be interested in hearing what I think.

So now she tries to stick our toes into her mouth and we make a big deal out of it. There are lots of "Ewws!" and "Yucky" and "Gross!" sounds that come out of our mouths and that just seems to encourage the little one even more. She thinks it's hilarious that we try to stop her. She'll laugh and laugh everytime she gets close to succeeding, only because she knows that the closer our toes get to her tongue, the more her parents squeal.

It's because of this "fun" game that she has learned that if we say "Eww! Yucky!" it's her cue to stick whatever it is into her mouth. Hmmm... how do you undo that one?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha!! I actually *remember* putting my toes in my mouth. It was the awesomest thing ever and I didn't remember why everyone was so bothered about it. heh. Now it's revolting! Pretty funny story!

Niffer said...

My husband can still put his toes into his mouth! That's just wrong!

It's neat to see Ellie's sense of humor developing, and to see what she finds funny. I like getting a peek into what the world looks like from her eyes.