Pages

Friday, September 05, 2008

Hellello Nana

Ellie is adding to her vocabulary at an alarming rate.

The other day I was carrying her to the car from daycare and she looked at the infant center and said "Nana". I was shocked and responded with "Do you want to see Miss Anna?" to which she got all excited. Seriously? Not only does she love Miss Anna enough to remember her (it's been 5 weeks!) but she KNOWS her name? Impressive. Miss Anna was honored to say the least.

The other thing she has started doing is picking up phones and saying "Hellello". She does it to remotes and dog bones too, but it still counts as a new word.

Every day she amazes me with how much she understands. It really is true that it's hard to remember that they understand so much when they can't speak much. It blows my mind when she demonstrates she knows stuff.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, that's so cute! I can just imagine her picking up a dog bone and saying hello with a cute little smile.

Niffer said...

"Hello" is by far the most exciting word ever! I know this seems silly to most people, but what's exciting about it is that it's a TWO syllable word WITHOUT both syllables being the same. In other words, it's different from Mama, Dada, Bunbun, etc. When I think of it in terms like that, I get all excited about how close we are to even more super-cuteness. I think I might explode.