Pages

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Merlin Oh Oh

So how did Ellie do without us? Apparently she did just fine and barely noticed we were gone. Grandma had all sorts of cute stories about Ellie, including finding her stuffed sheep in the dishwasher. I love seeing how much Ellie loves her grandmas and it was nice to hear that they had a good time while we were gone.

Grandma told me about how Ellie won over Grandpa's heart. One morning, Grandma and Ellie crawled into bed with Grandpa and he started singing cowboy songs to her. Though she looked like she had gone back to sleep, if he stopped singing she would sign "More, more!" I'm sure this is enough to melt any cowboy's heart. Well, that and the fact that Ellie LOVED grandpa's tractor and wasn't scared by it at all.

But in the end, there was one big adventure that Ellie remembered the most. Grandma lost Merlin (our dog) for a while (one afternoon and over night). Apparently when Grandma was outside calling "Merlin! Merlin!" in hopes of getting the dog to return, Ellie decided to help as well. She walked from one side of the house to the other yelling "Mer Mer! Mer Mer!" Luckily the next morning someone called saying they had found him.

When Daddy and I returned, I asked Ellie how her weekend was and she said "Mer Mer Oh Oh!" to which I laughed. When I asked her what else she did, she said "Mer Mer Oh Oh!" and when I asked if she had fun with Grandma, she said "Mer Mer Oh Oh!" And when we went on a walk to the dog park with Merlin that evening, she would yell "Mer Mer!" whenever Daddy called out to him, and more than once I saw her shake her finger at the dog and say "Mer Mer Oh Oh!" when he finally did come back.

Apparently it was the high-light of her weekend and she learned a lot.

No comments: