Pages

Friday, February 03, 2012

Addie these Days

To say that this girl is incredible just doesn't ever do her justice. How do you find words to describe someone who is so easy-going and already shows others consideration and friendship? She's amazing. For someone so young, I feel like little Miss Addie has such an old soul.

So... I thought perhaps I would take a moment to mention some of these items that go without speaking... they're small, but they're Addie.

Addie has transitioned away from saying "I love you best fwiend" to "I love you very much best fwiend." Not a bad transition at all. It's almost as though she knows she has so much love for me that the standard 3 words just aren't enough. She now has a standard 7 words when she's telling me she loves me. I melt every time I hear it. She might be onto something... as I feel more loved than ever before.

She loves to tell us secrets, though I suppose it shouldn't be plural. We often have conversations similar to this one:
Addie: Mommy, guess what?
Mommy: What?
Addie: I go to da field!
Or something like this:
Addie: Mommy, I haf see-ket!
Mommy: Oh? What's your secret?
Addie: (whispering) I go to da field!
Sometimes she'll embellish the story with details like "yes-today" (all days in the past are "yesterday") or "I run and run and run wif my fwiends and den I fall down," but in the end it's quite apparent that the field is by far one of the highlights of her entire life.

I think it's absolutely adorable the way Addie explains something being cold. "I'm so so so cold." It's not just a little cold. It's "so so so" cold. She does the same thing with being hungry. She's never "really" hungry, but she's often "So so so hungry."

I remember how Ellie used to think her bum was funny (I think it's typical for this age). Ellie used to dance up and down singing "My booty butt, My booty butt." Addie takes a more simple route and bounces up and down saying "My bum bum bum." So cute - you know, as far as trash talk goes.

Another subtle difference between the girls is the details on how they are princesses. Though Ellie has always been a princess (when she's not a unicorn or tiger), Addie takes it to the next level. She loves to wear her blanket over he head and pretend like it's hair with flowers in it. It's the stereo-typical thing for a young girl to do, right? But, she does it like a pro, whereas her bigger sister never seemed to catch on.

No comments: