Pages

Tuesday, February 07, 2012

So Grown Up Now

A few weeks ago Ellie and I got our haircuts and Addie asked for one of her own for an entire week afterwards. I didn't think I was ready for that, but she kept asking so nicely, "I get a air-cut like dis peas?" while crunching her hair on top of her head. So we took her in to get her hair chopped off (her first time). Upon walking into the salon, she walked right up to the group of ladies and asked "I get air-cut peas?" They all sighed with oohs. Then she said "I want air cut like dis peas" while crunching up her hair in her fist (see the first photo) and I heard a few "awwws." She sat patiently and did very well. Mommy didn't do so well because it's hard to say good bye to your baby.

And that's exactly how I feel. Look how grown up she looks! Poof! Instant child.

2 comments:

Elaine said...

Oh my goodness. She's growing up SO fast. sigh. Love the haircut, but can really relate with symbolic passing of babyhood. Love from Paris,
Elaine

Anonymous said...

It all goes soooo fast, period. Can't believe how old Rachel and Ben are. Angie