Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

Strawberries and Flowers

Last weekend we went to Pearl Street Mall to see the tullips. I love this time of the year because it means I get to have an excuse to dress my girls up in pretty outfits (hats included, of course) for bright cheerful photos with flowers that force you to smile and think "Life is good."
My girls in their strawberry hats... I KNOW they were cute because I kept hearing people passing by comment on their hats. I love it when people notice that my girls are as cute as I think they are. Heheheh... Their hats help, but really I think it's their smiles and excitement.
I don't ask for too many photos with me and my girls, but my annual spring photo is a must. After all, I think everyone needs to update their Facebook profile picture at least once a year. Sometimes getting the perfect photo is not so easy, and this is especially true on a sunny day with big brimmed hats casting wondeful shade into our faces. Good for our eyes, not so good for the photos. In the end I think we succeeded, even if I had to tickle the girls occasionally to get results. Though they try to give me great smiles, their real ones are far better than their fake forced ones.
And if I struggle between deciding which photo I like better, even if it's just two wondeful shots, I consider it a very successful outing.
Family photos are also another thing I don't demand too often, though sometimes I wish I did. I feel like it is so rare to get photos of all of us together, but I try to make it happen twice a year (Christmas and Spring time). I treasure the ones I get, though... Happy happy Niffer.
My wonderful strawberries... Nothing can be sweeter.

No comments: