Pages

Thursday, August 09, 2012

A Princess Tea Party

A couple of weekends ago we took all the girls and had a wonderful princess tea party. Though it wasn't what I had expected (I was focused on the "tea party"), it was a lot of fun to dress up as princesses for a day.

First we all picked out fancy dresses to wear. Then we got our hair and nails done, all the while the girls put on dance shows for us with their pretty outfits. After we were all ready, we gave a fashion show and showed the girls how to properly show off their stuff. I absolutely love how the photos show each girl's personalities. Some quiet and shy, some more goofy and others think they're prim and proper. Too cute.

There is just something about little girls feeling like they're special that makes my heart sing. What about you?

Our princess adventure ended with a tea party. I LOVE myself a good tea party and though this one didn't have the tasty finger yummies that I would typically drool over, it was still fun. I especially loved how big and grown up Addie felt having tea with Gramma and I loved how Ellie would dance with me to the music. I'm trying to teach my girls that life isn't always serious. Sometimes even a pretty princess needs to be goofy.

After our tea party, we had to get back into our peasant clothes. We all agreed (some more strongly than others) that it was a shame we couldn't always wear princess gowns all day long.

No comments: