Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Rain Fairies

Without going into details of why I was in a bad mood, I'll set the scene for you. Picture us standing under a tree trying (but probably miserably failing) at staying dry in a torrential downpoor of rain, followed by a sprint to get to the bathrooms in teim. I'm in a bad mood as it is, completely drenched and wearing my favorite sundress - one that apparently clings to my skin when it's wet so as I'm running the dress is creaping up my thighs to become a nice-form fitting mini skirt that barely covers my @$$. It's not a pretty scene but it's a realistic one.

Ellie: STOP!!! Mommy, STOP!
Mommy: Ellie, we have to hurrry so that you don't have an accident.
Ellie: But Mommy, this is IMPORTANT! PLEASE stop!
Mommy: Grrr. OK. What do you want?
Ellie: I think I need to turn you into a rain fairy!
Mommy: What? No, Ellie we don't have time. We're getting very wet.
Ellie: But Mommy, we're already wet and if I turn you into a rain fairy that means you will like the rain and you can be happy. We can still move really fast if we dance and skip!

Leave it to my daughter to remind me that magic can be found in even the most frustrating of moments. She turned the three of us (Addie included) into rain fairies and sure enough we danced and skipped through the downpoor and made it to the bathrooms just as quickly, if not quicker.

It was a blast. That's REAL magic for you.

No comments: