Pages

Monday, September 10, 2012

Special Surprise

A week or so ago we gave the girls a big surprise. We told them it was coming but we didn't say what it was. It drove Ellie BONKERS. Finally the day of the surprise we told them they had to dress up as princesses and both girls jumped at the opportunity. For real life. Really they did.

They even let me braid their hair into pretty heart braids. Well sort of. Ellie had a full heart but Addie decided she was ok with just half of a heart and insisted that it looked better. Uh. Ok. Whatever.

The surprise was Cinderella at the Boulder Dinner Theater. Oh my goodness were they excited when they finally found out what we were doing.

Nana and Grandpa joined us. While Ellie and Addie were mesmerized by what was going on up on stage, I'm pretty sure the grandparents were mesmerized by the girls.

As for me, I loved watching the girls too and the show was pretty good. One thing that I particularly loved was that Cinderella (or I should say the actress who played Cinderella) had some sort of minor disability and had a bit of difficulty walking, and certainly couldn't do fancy footwork in a dance routine. I loved the fact that it showed my girls... no, I'll correct myself... it showed ME that my girls don't care about that sort of thing. She was still a perfect pretty princess in their minds.

No comments: