Pages

Friday, September 28, 2012

Tid-Bits

I love that Addie says "Is upside-inside" when her clothes are inside-out.

I love how the girls protect each other. If Daddy steals Addie away, Ellie will say "Leave her alone! You can have me instead!" to save her. Addie will typically take the "pulling Ellie's leg from Daddy" approach while saying "I will save my sister!"

Mommy: I will tell you what the surprise is after we do it.
Ellie: Ok. la la la. We're doing the surprise. (Pause) I still don't know what it is!

I love how Addie says "Noo-noll" instead of "Noodle."

I love how the girls enjoy playing a game where they sing a song together, taking turns with single words...
Ellie: You
Addie: Are
Ellie: My
Addie: Sun
Ellie: Shine...

I love the nonsense, funny made-up worded songs that Addie sings. They're fantabulous!

Speaking about our neighborhood girls, Addie said "Olivia (9) and Sara (12) are old ladies but they're still very nice."

Ellie: My listening ears are turned off so you can tell me out loud what the surprise is and I won't be able to hear you.

I love how when Addie walked into her old classroom, all the kids instantly stopped paying attention to the book their teacher was reading, jumped up and ran to the door to give her hugs and kisses. EVERY CHILD. Many of them said "I miss you and soon I'll be a Polar Bear just like you!" It's nice to know that Addie is loved all around.

I know that Ellie is "grown-up" because she can now eat a cupcake and NOT need a washdown afterwards.

I loved how on our train ride to Glenwood Springs (which happens to have lots of tunnels along the way), Addie would say "Watch dis. I can turn off the lights." Then she'd sit there mischieviously looking around waiting for the train to enter a tunnel. Too cute!
I love how proud Addie is to form "I love you" with her fingers and hold them up high for me to see.




No comments: