Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Beach

Once upon a time, a long long time ago (back in August), we visited Grandpa Lou.  Yes, I'm ashamed that I'm only just now writing about it.  It was actually a VERY good trip but the highlight was certainly the beach.
This was the first time we have been to the beach with the girls where it was a complete success.  Granted we don't get to go very often since we're a bit land-locked, but when we went with Ellie last time she was Addie's age and it was almost but not quite the complete opposite of a success.  This time, the girls had a lot of fun.  I enjoyed watching Addie be silly and seeing how proud Ellie was to make little sand castles.

Daddy showed the girls how to make their feet disappear.  Pretty silly stuff.  He also showed the girls tiny little crabs from the sand.  It didn't take long for him to perfect his crab-catching abilities because the girls enjoyed seeing the beach's version of a creepy crawly.  For me, I'd rather just pretend I didn't know they existed.

There is nothing better than photos of being surprised by waves.  They're a must-have when it comes to beach pictures.  Addie and I learned about checking for piles of sand in our swimsuits after sitting in the waves so many times, and Ellie discovered that she can write messages in the sand.  I love you too, sweetie!
Visiting the beach with my two little girls who enjoy it so much?  Well, that's just about the closest thing you can get to me being a beach loving soul.  In the end, any chance I get to have a family photo opportunity is one that makes me a happy camper.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Great pictures! It's so nice when they are old enough to ejoy things.

I've been maening to write about our summer trips to the beach, too. I haven't even gone through the pictures yet, from June and July. You are way ahead of me!