Pages

Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Ellie meets a new friend

There was a new girl in school. Her name is Charlotte. Monday started off on a bad note. Apparently Ellie is still a strong personality and so is Charlotte. As such they both want to rule the classroom. Personalities clashed. It was bad. When we asked Ellie more about Charlotte, she said that she didn't like how Charlotte would always make bad faces at her. She gave an example. I agreed, that was an awful face and I'm not sure how I would respond myself. But we talked about her options and came up with some solutions.

By Friday she came to me and said "Mommy, do you want to know something sad? Charlotte wasn't here today and when my friends found out about it they started cheering and saying things like "Yay! Yay!" but I didn't think that was very nice so I didn't do it. It made me sad for Charlotte." Upon asking her teacher, Ellie's version of the story was right. Indeed she stood up for her new friend, who she herself struggled with at the beginning.

In the end, Ellie said "I kind of like Charlotte now. I guess she's gotten used to me."

Ha. In the end, I couldn't be more proud.

No comments: