Pages

Monday, January 20, 2014

Tid-Bits

I love that when you first wake up Addie, even before she opens her eyes she smiles and opens her arms for a big hug.

I love that when one girl is having a bad day, the other is quick to come up with ideas to make it better, whether it be borrowing a cherished stuffie, receiving a big hug or even getting the honored place at the table, next to Mommy.

This morning when Daddy woke Addie up before leaving town for work, she said "I'm going to miss you" even before opening her eyes.

Ellie: Mommy, what's the surprise?
Mommy: It begins with an "s" and ends with an "e"
...
Ellie: Mommy, is the sleep over with Brynn and Lylah our surprise?
Mommy: Yep.
Ellie: But, Mommy, "sleep over" doesn't end with an e!!!

I love the Addie-isms:
"I would eat but-cept that I am not very hungry."
"I miss Bella because I haven't seen her in a long long time ago!"

I miss the Ellie-isms:
"Oh, so entire close! Try again. You can do it!"
"I'm a big girl be-kuz I have ree-a ree-a strong missiles!"

I love how, before leaving to go home, Addie has to give every single one of her friends a hug good bye, no matter which friends are still in the classroom, and no matter which friends actually respond to her asking "Who wants a hug before I go?"

I love how proud Ellie is about the things she has accomplished, especially with diving class. She specifically asked if Addie can come watch because "If I know she's cheering me up, then I will do better!"

I have to laugh at how quickly a child's clean room can explode into a war zone when a sleepover is happening. 30 seconds, tops.

No comments: