Pages

Thursday, December 04, 2014

Chihuly by night

Ever since my date with Ellie, I've been wanting to go back to the Chihuly exhibit at the Denver Bontanic Gardens to see it lit up at night time. We had to wait 6 weeks, but we finally went with Aunt Erin & her family, Gramma & Cary and Uncle Jacob.

I have to admit, it was not what I was expecting. I had it in my head that I knew exactly which sculptures would take my breath away as they were lit up at night. I was wrong. First, some of my favorite sculptures were damaged in a recent hail storm, so they weren't even on exhibit anymore. Second, the place looked so different by night that the sculptures I thought would shock and amaze were really only ho-hum, yet others were pretty darn cool. In the end, the neat thing about the Chihuly exhibit is that it's so different than what you usually see. I would recommend seeing him if you ever get the chance.

And without further ado... I present to you, Chihuly by night...









No comments: